Why should you read this?

I don't know. I'm just an average person with questions and thoughts about those questions. Kind of a female Andy Rooney I would think. I hope I have both wisdom and humor. One thing I don't have is great spelling skills so pardon any spelling errors if you would. I do belive in God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit the Comforter. If you are offened by refferences to these you most likely won't want to read this blog. Have a great day until next time ...

Sun Rise on the Farm

Sun Rise on the Farm
Fog and Sun with Halo

Sunset on the farm o8

Sunset on the farm o8
No one paints a picture like God

Friday, December 25, 2009

This can not B ...




Well I arrive at my son's house and there are four young men ranging in age from 22-40 with shovels shoveling snow so He can get out of his townhouse loop. The plow comes by and nearly takes out the Fire Hydrant and pushes snow back into the areas that had just been shoveled. They start shuffling cars around to make room for my truck. There is kidding and laughter no cussing or angry remarks. This is great. I am so proud of my son and his friends. Other people I have known would have been cussing and grumpy. My husband would never have cussed about the weather and he was always the first one out in the snow shoveling paths to the barn and around the house, then up on the bobcat clearing not only our driveway but the road and at least one others neighbor's driveway (the widow next door). He was a good man and even I did not appreciate him as much as I should have.

I go in the house to get something to eat but oh no this can not B ... The cupboards are bare. Wait there in the corner is a can of Campbell's potato soup. It is warm and carries me through until the reception at 7:30 PM. The florist hasn't gotten to the church yet so into the shower I go and put on my makeup, with help from one of the friends of a friend of my son's. When you are 60 years old putting on eye makeup becomes a challenge. First off you can't see with out your glasses ... I guess that is all that needs to be said about that. I put on winter clothes not my dress so I won't get it all a mess, we are all going to change at the church. The guests did not have that option and they still came in lovely clothes.

The florist is now at the church and the plow is still a no show so we all climb into to two vehicles and off we go. My son rides with the best man and one of the ushers and then two others ride with me. My nephew who had been at the house helping shovel has gone home to pick up his wife and son who are both part of the wedding (he too has 4 wheel drive).

I arrive after my son I don't know how his friend got him there so fast and they are already shoveling. They somehow got the flowers into the church (setting off the alarm). The pictures tell most of the story. Because I have 4 Wheel drive we decide it is safe to drive through the snow up closer to the church. I have no idea where things are so I take a fairly direct route and the next thing I know I'm apparently jumping a curb and we are all laughing and praying that I don't run into some buried barricade. We unload our dress clothes and shoes and the guys take my truck across the street to the Catholic Church where there the plows have been at work for hours. They too are having a wedding and I guess they have more clout.

It is now 3 PM or so and the wedding is supposed to start at 5:30 PM. The bride is not here yet. 4 PM or there abouts a limo filled with many people pulls up and they make it into the parking lot and up to the front door. I wish I had seen them coming in. The bride in her sweats and boots, followed by all the attending and mother of the bride. Someone with arms bulging with dresses in bags trails behind and sets them down on two tables in the 2 and 3's classroom. The mayhem begins, everybody is very nice however and they start getting dressed.

Well I think I'll let my dog in since he has been barking to come in for 15 minutes. The rest of the story to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment