Why should you read this?

I don't know. I'm just an average person with questions and thoughts about those questions. Kind of a female Andy Rooney I would think. I hope I have both wisdom and humor. One thing I don't have is great spelling skills so pardon any spelling errors if you would. I do belive in God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit the Comforter. If you are offened by refferences to these you most likely won't want to read this blog. Have a great day until next time ...

Sun Rise on the Farm

Sun Rise on the Farm
Fog and Sun with Halo

Sunset on the farm o8

Sunset on the farm o8
No one paints a picture like God

Sunday, December 13, 2009

This can not B ... I'm not the right person

Last night I had a divorced women in her 50's over for what I thought was going to be a night of laughs watching a funny movie. Instead it was a tearful night of old wounds coming to the surface for this precious child of God. This can not B ... what I'm supposed to be doing. Giving advise or at least listening and trying to comfort this trembling woman after all I have had the same feelings and broken down more than once the same way she is. What to do?

I can say that at first I tried to do something on my own. That wasn't working, hmm what now ... oh yes why do I always forget to ask for help from the one Jesus said He would send to help us and be our teacher. I took some deep breaths and ask the Holy Spirit to guide me and give me the right words and compassion to help this woman. I don't think I solved any problems or that I even gave her any helpful advise (although I tried). I did let her sob and I tried to hold her and I did let her know that she was valuable and advised her to see her doctor because the drugs he had given her were no longer doing the job. She left saying she felt better but I didn't see it. I said a long prayer (long for me) and I hope that it was received from God and her as a humble request for guidance both for her and for me. I hope that she will have a good Christmas and that we can do some fun things together so she isn't so lonely and sad.

This can not B ... or can it B the role God has for me in my older years. I remember once when I was in my early teens a young girl in my girl scout troop came up to me and told me how I had been such a great comfort to her and how I made her feel special and listened to. I was totally taken by surprise but perhaps by going through the trials I have been through it is now my turn to be the listener and comforter. If I'm good at it and the Holy Spirit Walks along side of me I think I might like this role.

No comments:

Post a Comment